Monday, December 01, 2008

What do Squirrels want?



The city squirrels here will eat just about anything. But what they really want is bird seed!
I thought I was safe storing my seed in a plastic trash can.
You can see they really tried to get the lid off! Goes to show what kind of taste they have, I can't imagine what the plastic tastes like but I'm sure it's not very good.
I can't really keep the seed inside the house.  Old houses = mouses in the winter!
Today I went and bought a metal can.... last year they chewed the metal rings off my other beautiful birdfeeder! We'll see what happens next....

3 comments:

Michele said...

We have the same problem here, never thought they would eat almost everything in the garbage, they make my dog go crazy running back and forth in the front lawn also.

Unknown said...

dogs do love chasing them, that's for sure!

Made By Tammy said...

It took about 10 years to even see a squirrel in our back yard. Our trees grow big enough and last year brought our first outside pet. My kids have named him and his buddy, plus feed them daily. Now I'm wondering...what do years from now bring?