COWBOY'S GUIDE TO LIFE
* Most of the stuff people worry about ain't never gonna happen anyway.
* Life ain't about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well
* Words that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.
* Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
* A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water.
* Forgive your enemies. It messes up their heads.
* Don't sell your mule to buy a plow.
* If you're ridin' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and
then to make sure it's still there with ya.
* Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job.
* Do not corner something you know is meaner than you.
* You cannot unsay a cruel word.
* Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.
* Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
* Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.
* Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
* The easiest way to eat crow is while it's still warm. The colder it
gets, the harder it is to swaller.
* Folks that complain they don't get what they deserve, don't know how
fortunate they are.
* If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
* The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with looks
at you in the mirror every mornin'.
* Don't worry about bitin' off more 'n you can chew; your mouth is
probably a whole lot bigger'n you think.
* Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad
* Remember: Don't squat with your spurs on.
* Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back,
you'll enjoy it a second time.
* If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin'
somebody else's dog around.
* Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin' it
* The best sermons are lived, not preached.
* Keep skunks and politicians and lawyers at a distance.
* It don't take a very big person to carry a grudge.
* If it don't seem like it's worth the effort, it probably ain't.
* It's better to be a has-been than a never-was.
* Meanness don't jest happen overnight.